Monday, September 12, 2016

What's Up With the Ridiculously Inflated Price of Books on Amazon by self-published authors?

I am a little bit confused about something. I have set up my Amazon Author Central Page and uploaded my books with all the prices on kindle and for the paperbacks.

However, I have noticed that within days all the prices or close to all of them have been randomly changed.

What is up with this?

So for example, some of my books are showing a list price on Amazon for $111.00 or more! It is absolutely insane.

Have you had this happen to you and if so what can I do to get this addressed by Amazon?

I mean obviously if someone comes across a paperback by an unknown author for $111.00 they are going to balk and not buy the book. So this seems to be injurious to authors that Amazon would allow people to go in an jimmy with the prices of people's books. It annoys me, I have to say.

So my latest book is my memoir called When Jeannie Went to Paris. It has a list price of $9.99. I have listed it on Create space here. And it will be live on Amazon in a day or so. But the price is $9.99. I repeat: $9.99. If you ever see it for more, just know that it is not the price I requested. This book is $9.99. And you can get it on createspace (an Amazon store) as well as on directly on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment