Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wanna Make $1,000,000 Selling/Self-Publishing Divorce e-Books on Amazon Kindle? You Have to "Game" the System!


TO SUCCEED ON AMAZON KINDLE, YOU HAVE TO GAME THE SYSTEM!

I am still waiting for my last e-book Infidelity to go live on Kindle and now I am doing some research into marketing and selling e-books. I have to confess I don't like the marketing and selling part at all.

I just read this article and I think I am going to bring up my lunch. Apparently the only way to be successful selling e-Books on Amazon Kindle (and paperbacks on Amazon) is to "game the system."And get other people to write the books for you. Yes, that's Right. To succeed at this you have to outsource your creativity. Here are some of the points I got from that article. Some are good and as I said, some make me want to puke:


HERE ARE TIPS THAT I LIKE:


1. Get someone to create your cover for you on Fiverr. (It is only $5.00 apparently although I must say I am not ready to do this even though it could be a good idea. I like to create my own covers with create space)

2. Give due attention to the book's description on Kindle (I need to keep this in mind myself.)

3. Solve a problem for your reader. (Non-fiction self-help books seem to do well on Kindle and those that solve a problem for their reader seems to have a better chance to succeed. That probably means that I am not going to spend too much time on my Paris memoirs - cause nobody cares!)

4. Make sure it has an outstanding cover that has a bold design, strong colors and a sexy image. (I don't know if I have done this with any of my books! I think my covers are definitely not very sexy)

5. Copy-edit for little typos (this is where I will get into a lot of trouble. I think I miss a lot of edits.)

6. Check out other people's books on Kindle and read the negative reviews and learn from these reviews (I would have never thought of doing that!)

7. Understand that the Kindle business is an impulse business (that means that your books can't be too expensive since people are not going to impulse buy very expensive books. Fine. But I wonder what it the cut off price? It doesn't say in the article.)

8. Create a niche. (I like this idea and while I write about a lot of different topics, I do write mostly about divorce since that is what interests me the most, and so I think I am in the "divorce niche." Is it fair to say that, do you think?).


THESE TIPS ARE NOT FOR ME BUT YOU COULD LIKE IT


1. Hire a ghostwriter from either elance, Craigslist, or Warrier Forum. (It is good to know this option exists but for now, I am going to try to write all 100 books myself. I hope people are not gonna be thinking that I am outsourcing my stuff cause this is too hard!)

2. Outsource the book and just do the editing (as I said, I want to do the entire book myself but you could have a different plan so if this works for you, go for it)

3. Pay for your reviews. (Well, first of all I have no money but second of all, it seems unseemly.. I mean, who knows? I could change my mind one day but for now, I think this is a little bit not ok.)


SO WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?

I don't know what this all means. I am just sharing. These are just the tips I just picked up as I begin my research into how to market and sell my Kindle e-books and I am sure one or two writers will read this blog at some point, and I would like to share what I learn with you. It is a whole process and I am sharing the experience as I go along.

So that's all for now. Talk soon and have a nice day.

____________________________________

Check out my book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Win-Achieve-Business-Success-Concepts/dp/1536952826/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472381297&sr=8-1&keywords=win%2C+marion+td+lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment